Best Tips on Flooring
Creating a nice floor for your home is one of the main objectives of interior designs. The floor is the thing that really appeals to the eye and the impressions formed really last. Also it is the floor make-over that really enhances the real value of your home; re-doing your floor is also always a safe bet to those seeking to raise the resale value of their homes.
So, how do you create that really beautiful floor that meets both the aesthetic requirements of the home as well as functionality?
You may start with identifying the requirements of your home, plus your budget and more importantly the other complimenting d?ï¿½cor.
1. Identify your home requirements: this basically is the functionality of each room in your home. For rooms that have low traffic such as bedrooms you may use laminate floor as it will be easier to maintain. In areas of relative wetness like kitchen or bathroom you can use ceramic floor
2. Stick to your budget: however, you should resist the temptation to settle for less, as cheap is expensive in the long run. You can choose moderately priced types and invest in a good carpet as part of your interior design
3. Be comfortable with your decision: in this category choose a floor that will ensure maximum comfort all year round with minimum efforts. For instance, if you stay in cold regions, it’s advisable to use wood flooring that acts as insulation, thus keeping the interiors generally warm.
4. Duration: the essence of flooring is longevity. By duration you basically start with the end in mind. If you would to keep re-doing your floor over and over again you may opt for those that are quite temporary like the laminate. However, should your desire be a life long change; investing in hard wood floor is a safe bet for you.
5. D?ï¿½cor of the rest of the house: this may not be a rule but its prudent for classy touch in your home, ensure there is a connection between the floors and the walls; and other furniture available in the room. The ceiling should compliment the floor for that cozy feeling.
6. Environmental consciousness: this may sound strange but the reality of life in the 21st century demands that all efforts should be made to preserve our planet. You can achieve this by going green, using environmentally friendly products that emit little waste and can be recyclable.
So, if you intend to renovate the floor of your house or you want to entirely build a new floor, these guidelines can be really helpful to you. All the best as you achieve that beautiful floor for your home.